Ground Floor Lab, Melbourne, Australia - Oct 22-27, 2018with Geordie Jahner, Ph.D. & Liat Lev-Sokal
Ground Floor Lab – Oct 22-27, 2018
Attending a Ground Floor Lab is the first step for those interested in applying for Open Floor Teacher Training.
The Lab is one of our most popular, juicy programs — for avid dancers and future teachers alike.
We’re happy to be offering one closer to home.
The Lab is for you if:
• You’re an aspiring movement teacher interested in applying for OF Teacher Training
• You’re somewhat new to movement work, yet sense that teaching could be your path
• You’ve already taken a Lab and need more pre-requisite hours for training
• You’re in another service profession (psychology, education, hospice, recovery, etc.) and want to add embodied movement to your work with clients.
• You’re already an embodiment/dance teacher, looking for new inspiration and skills.
The Lab is not a training, but rather an intensive workshop that provides an inside tour of Open Floor:
• Extensive OF Movement Practice with senior teachers
• Working with core movements that underlie all conscious dance practices
• A peek behind the curtain, with professional debrief of the structure and purpose of each movement exercise
• Core values that inform us on and off the Open Floor
Pre-req: Minimum 15 hrs of Open Floor dance practice, plus other conscious movement experience.
Contact: Charlotte Young firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re eager to jump in, fill out an application click here https://openfloor.org/ground-floor-app
Please email us if you have any questions.
Here are the details:
DATES: October 22 – 27, 2018
Geordie Jahner, New Zealand
Liat Lev-Sokal, Byron Bay
Rosina Auditorium – Abbotsford Convent
1 St Heliers Street, Abbotsford, 3067
COST: $550 USD (5.5 days tuition)
Tuition fees payable directly to Open Floor International.
ACCOMMODATIONS & FOOD – this is a non-residential Lab. Participants are responsible for providing their own accommodation & food.
Start time: Monday, Oct 22, 10:00 am
End time: Saturday, Oct 27, 5:00 pm
Some helpful travel resources will be posted on our Facebook Events page for out of town Lab participants. Once you are accepted into the Lab you will be given the link to this Facebook page so participants can coordinate rides from the airport & other locations.