Ground Floor Lab, Melbourne, Australia - June 28-July 2, 2017with Geordie Jahner, Ph.D., Liat Lev-Sokal & Madhuma Thompson
Ground Floor Lab – June 28 – July 2, 2017
Attending a Ground Floor Lab is the first step for those interested in applying for Open Floor Teacher Training.
The Lab is one of our most popular, juicy programs — for avid dancers and future teachers alike.
We’re happy to be offering one closer to home.
The Lab is for you if:
• You’re an aspiring movement teacher interested in applying for OF Teacher Training in 2017 or beyond
• You’re somewhat new to movement work, yet sense that teaching could be your path
• You’ve already taken a Lab and need more pre-requisite hours for training
• You’re in another service profession (psychology, education, hospice, recovery, etc.) and want to add embodied movement to your work with clients.
• You’re already an embodiment/dance teacher, looking for new inspiration and skills.
The Lab is not a training, but rather an intensive workshop that provides an inside tour of Open Floor:
• Extensive OF Movement Practice with senior teachers
• Working with universal movements that underlie all conscious dance practices
• A peek behind the curtain, with professional debrief of the structure and purpose of each movement exercise
• Core values that inform us on and off the Open Floor
Here are the details:
DATES: June 28 – July 2, 2017
Geordie Jahner (Open Floor Founding Member), New Zealand
Liat Lev-Sokal, Byron Bay
Madhuma Thompson, Melbourne
LOCATION: The Michael Center
Melbourne Rudolf Steiner Seminar
37a Wellington Park Drive
Warranwood, Vic., 3134
Tel.: +61 3 9876 5199
Map Here >>
COST: $450 USD (5 days tuition)
Tuition fees payable directly to Open Floor International.
Leah, Director of Program Operations, is standing by for your questions. If you’re eager to jump in, fill out an application here:
ACCOMMODATIONS & FOOD – this is a non-residential Lab. Participants are responsible for providing their own accommodation & food.
Start time: Wednesday, June 28, 10:00 am
End time: Sunday, July 2, 5:00 pm
Some helpful travel resources will be posted on our Facebook Events page for out of town Lab participants. Once you are accepted into the Lab you will be given the link to this Facebook page so participants can coordinate rides from the airport & other locations.
Contact: Leah Brooks firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call or email us if you have any questions.
PO Box 2864
Sausalito, CA 94903