Details – Psychotherapist Track
The Psychotherapist Track is open to movement, art, drama and music therapists, psychologists, social workers, psychiatrists and mental health counselors from a variety of background. The program is for experienced therapists who want to integrate movement and dance into therapy (individual and/or small group) settings.
- Graduate of a Masters level program with at least 3 years or 300 hours of supervised experience
- At least 100 hours of Open Floor Movement study including:
- One Ground Floor Lab (formerly called Common Ground Lab) to be introduced to Open Floor Curriculum, values, origins and influences, organizational structure.
- Strongly recommended: At least 50 hours’ study with Kathy, or Lori, or Andrea & Vic.
- For your remaining hours of Open Floor study, check our international calendar to find an OF teacher or program in your area.
- 200 hours additional study in any accepted movement modalities (see list), for a total of 300 hours of movement study
- One Libido Fundamentals workshop (this can be done anytime before graduating)
- One Open Floor Encounter workshop (before graduating, preferably before Therapy in Motion module)
- 30 hours mindfulness training and/or practice (see list)
- Strongly recommended: Study in embodied relational skills and/or emotional intelligence, preferably with an Open Floor teacher.
- Teacher references
Core Programs (in order)
Common Ground – 10 days
Therapy In Motion – 10 days
Common Good – 7 days
View the training schedule in US, Europe and New Zealand
15 hours (includes group and individual sessions)
Total Core Study
27 training days plus 15 mentoring hours
$6900 includes 3 Core Programs, mentoring and all training materials
Travel expenses, residential fees and elective courses will be paid separately.
12 additional days of Open Floor study, chosen with your mentor according to your personal skills, interests and specialty.