Auckland an surroundings
Open Floor Teacher Level
Blockhouse Bay Community Centre (Winter Venue for June, July, August)
524 Blockhouse Bay Rd, Blockhouse Bay, Auckland
Public Class $15–$20
WORKSHOPS / RETREATS
28 September 2019
"Move and Include - The many faces of Me"
A day workshop on
The therapeutic application of Open Floor Dance
Blockhouse Bay Boatclub
THERAPY IN MOTION
I come with a background of many years of Psychotherapy (AUT, MHSc), including Trauma and Group (DBT) work, and integrate Therapy in Motion into my practice.
Therapy in Motion is a specific part of Open Floor movement practice that focuses on the therapeutic use of movement in one-on-one or small group settings.
I offer one-on-one sessions for people whom are interested to work on:
- extending your repertoire of embodied ressourses in daily life
- increase emotional Intelligence/ awareness of body and feelings
- a specific issue in your personal or professional life
- increase understanding or change patterns or beliefs that are no longer helpful
- increase self-acceptance, self-care, self-esteem, self-love
- acute or chronic physical or emotional symptoms (insomnia, anxiety, depression etc...)
- relationship issues, separation, divorce
- history of trauma and abuse, Post traumatic stress
- dealing with grief and loss, illness, migration or other unexpected life changes
I am available for one-off or ongoing sessions to explore movement as a main approach, or in combination with talking therapy.
- supervision with specific issue/client/situation
- self-care and wellbeing
- increase awareness of bodily resources for self and clients
ABOUT / BIO
Ingrid is a certified OPEN FLOOR teacher who is informed by her training and experience as a Psychotherapist (MHSc), and many years of practicing meditation, mindfulness and different forms of dance and movement. As a dancer and therapist, she is inspired by the ongoing discovery of Movement as medicine. Her passion is in holding a creative space for individuals and groups, that welcomes Uniqueness, and stimulates a sense of Belonging.
Master of Health Science
What I love about Open Floor
OPEN FLOOR is a physical meditation practice and lively dance inquiry designed to deepen our embodiment. The emphasis is on expanding awareness, emotional intelligence and our ability to relate intimately with others.
"I love this practice because it offers me tools to wake up to Life in each moment, and support others to do the same"
Raise awareness and Increase the accessibility of OPEN FLOOR and Therapy in Motion to the population of New Zealand (and Austria)
Offer one-on-one Therapy in Motion for Individuals and small groups (pods)